Friday, July 18, 2008

I became good friend of Priyanka

Bollywood's national award winning filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar says "Fashion" depicting the dark and positive side of fashion industry was his most expensive film till date.

Talking to reporters here on Wednesday to unveil the first look of the film, Madhur said the budget of "Fashion" combines the expenditure incurred for his films from "Chandni Bar" to "Traffic Signal".

"Fashion" starring Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut and debutants former Miss India Mughda Godse and model Arjan Bajwa releases in November this year.

All the lead cast play models in the film. Priyanka said "Fashion" was offered to her when she was not keen to sign whatever role comes her way.

"But the moment I heard the script, I decided that I had to be part of this film. I play a girl from Chandigarh who shifts to Mumbai to become a supermodel. Madhur is straight forward and a focussed director, " the former Miss World said.

Kangana said working with Madhur was a like a dream come true for her.

"I became good friend of Priyanka because I find her very warm and a down to earth person, " she added.

UTV CEO Ronnie Screwvala, co-producer of the film, expressed confidence that "Fashion" will fetch Madhur his fourth national award.

No comments: